Sunday 23 February 2014

The Saturday Night Turn On…




I feel guilty…of not spending quality time with my daughter. For working moms and dads, the weekend is great to spend time with their kids. But unfortunately for me and Bobby, my better half, most of our ad and film shoots take place on weekends. Taking our 3 year old daughter, Zehn, to kiddie places like Kidzania is always on our to-do, must-do list, which is almost always pushed to the next weekend.

This Saturday was no exception. We just wrapped our shoot with Subhash Ghai who is shooting his Kaanchi at Film City and headed back home around 5 in the evening. On our way back, I got a call from my friend Vrushali who told me that she is taking her daughter out to Smaaash, a great place for children. Seized with sudden fervour, Bobby and I decided to take Zehn there. It would mean, Zehn playing and me catching up with Vrush, who is on a sabbatical from society as she is penning her book.

An excited Zehn had no idea that her parents were actually planning to take her out for some fun and games, she was just happy to be with us. At Smaaash, Zehn had the time of her life jumping on the trampoline, rushing down slides, playing ball and the works.

After having put in almost 8 hours at work, the weary couple, ours truly, decided to grab a bite, while our zero figure daughter burned her calories off… We ordered a thin crust pepperoni pizza. The pizza came drizzled with oodles of gooey cheese, thick slices of pepperoni. I added a dash of green pepper sauce, sprinkled chilli flakes and oregano. And then we sank our teeth in. After the first few bites, I turned around to check the ambience as the decibel levels had suddenly increased.

Television sets, with big screen videos were all over the place and a soccer match was on between Everton and Chelsea. 25 hunks (including the referees) were chasing one mean ball, sweaty and hungry, while I took another bite of my cheesy pizza. There is something sinfully decadent when you get a mouthful and eyeful of something delicious…ummm..not to forget the mind and the imagination…

As I licked my lips, my indulgent husband gave me a warm smile. He had no idea why I was licking my lips.. or rather for more reasons than one, was I doing it… Bliss…Saturdays can be a turn on…

2 comments:

  1. Awesome one...I Love Your Words And Expressions!♡
    The guilt of a working mom is universal if you love spending time with your child/children...but then when you have extra money, you can splurge by buying or taking them to fancy places, that too is wonderful memories together!
    I too am extremely guilty of breaking so many promises, ask my boys...but we have a good life, that's what counts in the end...your effort as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olga.. Zehn is like a vitamin dose after a tiring, harrowing day..my own B12 injection..))) And with schooling becoming so interactive, its so tough to create time to educate her and prepare her for the next day at school... Thats why God created pepperoni pizza... a slice of heavenly joy to overcome all these...

      Delete