Monday 26 October 2015

The Compulsary Vegetarian Meal

Tell me honestly, how many of us, the hard core carnivorous variety fear a mandatory vegetarian meal. I do. 

Today being Lakshmi puja, we decided to have vegetarian food all day long. The first crisis hit us in the morning, as we could not have eggs. 

Come lunch. I asked the cook to make dal, rice and aloo bhendi. To add to the meal, I also asked her to make masala aloo stuffed green peppers. 

As we sat for lunch, hubby asked if we can we have some papad. To further enhance the meal, I got some masala chana. Pickle and lemons and salad were all laid out. Honestly, this was far more than what we eat for an everyday working  lunch. 


It was just the thought of being forced to eat a meal that did not have fish or chicken made me realise that we non veg eaters panic at the thought. Most days we eat the same without the add ons, but when it becomes mandatory, we go overboard. 


Now that I have eaten twice the amount of food, a good long afternoon siesta beckons. After all, I need the energy to plan the veg dinner menu. 

1 comment:

  1. Chummi your honesty is sublime. In Delhi I use to visit restaurants during Dussera time and have Navratra Thali in the name of fasting which is difficult to finish. Price is 50-60 % more than regular deluxe thali. The eateries have a nice time due to this fasting business.

    ReplyDelete