Thursday 1 May 2014

A Florida Experience

Sunny skies and sunnier people. As IIFA celebrated the glory and magic of Indian films in Tampa Bay, my camera team decided to share the world's best cuisines that Florida had to offer...

Chinese takeaway is huge in the States. Chris, my food guide, mentor and soul mate decided to give me a taste of this cuisine from Yummy House, which dishes out a mean salt n pepper Calamari fry and pork fried rice with some chicken fried dumplings.

The pork was barbecued and had a slightly sweet taste while the Calamari was salty and peppery. All this was accompanied by some sauces, and the killer one was a really chilly spicy sauce, that sat perfect on my Indian palette. 

And the portions were huge. When Chris ordered one
portions of each, I was seriously worried. I was HUNGRY and had little intention of sharing my goodies. But the mentor knew his way about and I did not starve. Rather the four of us, that is Joe and Ryan also, could not polish off the rice.


Lunch over, it was time for dinner. While the team had salads, I went for some Japanese Teriyaki beef fry with steamed veggies and rice. Juicy, succulent pieces of meat made a huge dent with the rice and veggies on my curvy body, taking it to a new found girth.

As we continued shooting till the wee hours, it was time to knock on the doors of a diner.. pork chops with mashed potatoes and biscuits with gravy with a lovely smiling plump blond waitress to serve us, it was an American breakfast designed for a healthy Indian appetite. 

Just to inform you, I was also working. Having had airport duty thrust on my head, I got to shoot all the celeb arrivals, just off the aerobridge. It was something to see the jet plane steer it's way right to the mouth of the aerobridge and shoot the stars stepping into Sunshine City. 


An experience to cherish...  

No comments:

Post a Comment