Tuesday 3 June 2014

The Big Test For Mommy

The uniform is washed and ironed. The school books are neatly labelled and put in the school bag. And my daughter, Zehn is all set to start her academic life at Junior KG.
It was just the other day, that Bobby and I were blessed with this bundle of joy. Till today, Zehn's world comprised of us, the hired help and her teacher at Euro Kids. I remember holding her hand and taking her to playschool when she was not yet 2.

Now no more lunch boxes from home, no car to drop and pick her up from school... the school shall provide lunch and will have a van to pick and drop her from the designated pick up spot. Being such a slow and fussy eater, Zehn will probably be able to swallow only a couple of mouthfuls in her lunch break. 

Her school hours will be stretched, extra curricular activities will be included, her afternoon siesta is soon going to be a thing of the past. While I am still mentally adjusting to all the changes, Zehn sleeps peacefully in my arms, her life secure in the company of two people who love and cherish her.

Her world will expand. The burden of carrying a school bag, books and education will make her a stronger individual. She will make friends, have her play dates. And she will learn that mama and papa can't be with her all day.


A woman keeps adapting to life around her... But perhaps the toughest for me will be to loosen the umbilical cord that is still tightly held by me to her. I have to share her with more people, more activities.... Am I ready for this??? No, I am not. But this is just the first step to her independence. It's tough being a mom... really tough.


No comments:

Post a Comment