Friday 11 April 2014

The Cook is Back

I am a slave... a slave to this woman proudly holding her latest efforts in the kitchen. She is Saraswati, my cook. While the world and their maids are going to their gaon for the summer holidays, my Saviour returns after 9 months. 
 
I and my waist have had her for 6 years.. and in the last 6 years, I have put on some 20 odd kilos. Pl look at my photo before she came into my life. But when the 2 inch tongue controls the 60 odd kilo body, it balloons to unforseen dimensions.

So, what happened in the last 9 months? Well, I lost some 10 kilos as my lady in waiting had gone to her gaon. So, this is what I look now.. not quite there, but almost there..lol.

But the love of my life is back in my life and the dish she has cooked is tender jack fruit with all the Indian masalas.. and steaming hot rice. Now, the problem is that one can eat less, but not when you are eating with your fingers and licking your chops... the dish smells and tastes like tender mutton called kosha mangsho. And 2 servings are just not enough.. a third is mandatory, while a fourth, is for the soul.


So, the soul is satiated, the heart is excited and the waist is happily stretched... this is the life, trials and tribulations of my life... but I'm lovin it...

1 comment:

  1. My best wishes to Saraswati, I still can't forget all the food she cooked during my visit in your place...Mmmmmmm...But Chuman, you must to admit that you also was guiding her how to cook best dishes from Assam and you both with Bobby understand what really good food is ;) Hugs, Neringa

    ReplyDelete