Saturday 5 April 2014

The Dimsum Spa


After six weeks of keeping house for house guests, sans a cook... a PNM was definitely on the cards... pampering and massage. 

I headed to Versova to Shashi, the lady with the magic fingers. I started with a Remy Laure facial which included a dry mask, a black mask, and a peel away mask... back massage followed. The pliant body was in seventh heaven. 

Now doing these treatments takes a toll on the purse strings. But the spa salon had a huge surprise waiting for me.. they had ordered a platter of Dimsums for me to sustain me until the next treatment started.

The Dimsum platter had the works... some were stuffed with
chicken, some with prawns n basil, some with assorted veggies... but the best was the chicken and corn. The Dimsums were moist, stuffed well and easily put away in two bites. The various sauces were a welcome change from the usual fare. The bland steamed momos or Dimsums with the spicy sauces was just what the doctor ordered for a lovely Saturday lunch, and that too, sponsored and paid by the salon.

After sipping on Green Tea, I resumed my hair spa replete with a oil massage, steam and the spa cream. The feet were next in line for some attention. I decided with spring in the air, orange would be my colour.  

As I paid up and headed for the car, my hubby called. His friends were coming over for a few days and would be staying in our house. Expecting a barrage of violent cursings, he was pleasantly surprised when I calmly said, "fine.". Little did he know what recuperation plans I had up my mind, post their departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment