Wednesday 23 April 2014

Welcome To New York City

As the plane landed, I looked out to have a look at New York City bathed in the early morning light of dawn... it looked, from the skies, just another sprawling metropolis... until I had my breakfast of a New Yorker burger.
This is what a New Yorker looks like... sumptuous, and filled with slices of ham...with a touch of dijon mustard... the bun was toasted and the slices of ham were moist and pink...
It was washed down by a glass of grapefruit juice and some slices of apple and cinnamon, dried and roasted... a blissful meal.

After my breakfast, I stopped at a small shop where I picked up beef jerky and pretzels. All the cowboys in my novels eat beef jerky in their travels across the rough brown mountain terrain, on their horsebacks. 
While pretzels is a thing that is served at every beer bar or party in America. So it was a must - taste thingie in New York. 

A three hour halt and I had to catch my flight out.  I know what is in store for me after I finish my work at IIFA in Florida, where I am headed out.. so, till then, au revoir NYC... I plan to discover all your glorious food delights in just a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment