Saturday 15 March 2014

My Birthday Special

42 is the new age 24. I feel young, have a good career,  I finally have money in my wallet and in my bank, and I have a lovely man who loves me as much as I do... just some things that we want, and if it comes true, it's a Blessed feeling. 

So my birthday started with the pineapple cake cutting ceremony organised by my 3 year old, Zehn. And ended with
this strawberry cake cutting ceremony, a gift sent by my childhood friend, Meenu Chadha and celebrated with my NDTV  friends.

The dinner party was at my house. The menu is always a given as my hubby baby is a gourmet cook and pork has to be on the table. The rest is just an obligation to fill an empty dining table.

Bobby has a strange attitude. He will only cook for me or people he likes. The Sultan of Brunei may pay him a 100,000 guineas, but it will not make an iota of  difference to good ole Bobby.

My NDTV friends are hugely special.. Vrushali is an author and Yasmin is a rich Bawi socialite. The fourth one is Suvi, who is an author of the famous kiddie series,The Purple
Turtle, who relocated to Kolkata after marriage. These three wonderful people pushed me into writing this food blog for 6 months. Little did I realise that I had spent 18 years as a cricket and film reporter, when my real love lay in writing about food.
                                                        
Anyways, the bill of fare on my table is this roasted pork marinated for 8 hours with the usual condiments of vinegar, ginger, garlic, soya sauce and this ONE bright red chilli, the spiciest chilli in the world. And put away in an oven to cook for 4 hours. Its such a pleasure to feed people who love their food and I raise a toast to my wonderful guests. 

The creme de la resistance was this humble banana, slightly fried in butter, sugar which was caramelised with a dash of Jack Daniels. The dessert demanded seconds, but the pork had occupied the better and most part of the stomach. My methi malai chicken, was given, but a cursory disdainful glance.


Last year, I did not know I could write a blog. Today, I have almost a 1000 people who have read my 10 blogs till date. Each "like" that you all have pressed, each comment that you all have made, has encouraged me to find something so happy and fruitful inside me, that I can only say a very humble thank you for giving me your time and attention. Happy Birthday to me, and many many thanks to all of u, especially, Vrush, Yas and Suvi.

4 comments:

  1. Great going Chuman! Writing is the most creative form of expression and the writer in you has awakened:-) The food in your blog sounds yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Swedyl... and imagine we did a food show, The Dabba Party together...wish I had started writing then...

      Delete
  2. Hmm... hope to taste th pork sm day...♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to Bombay, come to Bombay, Mumbai meri jaan...

    ReplyDelete